Monday, March 7, 2011

Sad Times

Okay so school is extremely busy right now but thats not what is keep me and my family down at the moment.

So my Grandmother had a stroke and is in the hospital. Shes not doing well and my family as well as my cousins are in a little bit of a fog with emotions. I was never close to my grandmother because of personal problems between her and I. But it deeply hurts me to see her in pain as well as she is the last parent that my father has.  My grandfather passed away about nine years ago. My emotions are a little conflicted at the moment and its affecting my progress with my story as well as school work.

With the daily reports I'm getting from my parents things dont look promising.

With regards to my story I have over 700 hits and 4 reviews for my first three chapter and I find that exciting. I'm guessing that isn't that much compared to most of the stories that are out there but MANY of them are really good. Which makes me want to go back through all of the ones Ive read and to leave a comment. But the reason I think for the lower view count is because my story goes into the fantasy and supernatural genre and that's pretty AU for some people or its not there cup of tea. Which is all understandable =/.

I really do hope that I can hit 10 reviews by chapter 5 but all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and press on. I have learned that reviews are extremely motivating to an author to continue writing especially when they put a smile on your face.I do hope for more but I'm not always a positive thinker so I have already have reached beyond what I thought I would accomplish.

~Heather

3 comments:

  1. Hummmmm I am very sorry to here that I sure do hope your Grandmother will be ok my grandmother just had a knee replacement (definitely not as sever).



    O and P.S do you play tribal wars? because there is someone with the same name as you on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well she ended up passing away yesterday 3-8-11, so things are a little rough right now. I had to postpone my next chapter.

    And I did play tribal wars then I had to stop bc of school. I've played in the past under a different name.

    Im not sure if u will get this, I couldn't figure out how to reply especially how im on my phone lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my new account old one cant get on anymore but I am very sorry for your loss I have lost both grandfathers and kinda know how you fell I again am very sorry.

    O thats so cool I played in your square thingy huh I saw your name on here and thought wow cool again thew I am very very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete